How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S & S2, and Galaxy Note by USB [6a]
This guide describes how to unlock the following phone models by USB. If your phone is not listed below, you are on the wrong page — click here to find your model.
This guide applies to: Captivate, Captivate Glide, Fascinate 3G, Fascinate 3G+, GT-N7000, GT-N7000B, GT-P1000, GT-P1000L, GT-P1000M, GT-P1000N, GT-P1000R, GT-P1000T, GT-P6200, GT-P6200L, GT-P6201, GT-P6800, GT-P7100, GT-P7300, GT-P7300B, GT-P7300L, GT-P7500, GT-P7500D, GT-P7500L, GT-P7500M, GT-P7500R, GT-P7500V, GT-P7501, GT-i9000, GT-i9000B, GT-i9000L, GT-i9000M, GT-i9000T, GT-i9001, GT-i9003, GT-i9003B, GT-i9003L, GT-i9010, GT-i9020, GT-i9020A, GT-i9020T, GT-i9023, GT-i9100, GT-i9100G, GT-i9100L, GT-i9100M, GT-i9100P, GT-i9100T, GT-i9103, GT-i9220, Galaxy R, Galaxy S, Galaxy S Captivate, Galaxy S Fascinate 3G, Galaxy S Fascinate 3G+, Galaxy S Giorgio Armani, Galaxy S Glide, Galaxy SL, Galaxy S Plus, Galaxy S Super Clear LCD, Galaxy S Vibrant, Galaxy S scLCD, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 3G, Galaxy Tab 7.0, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus N, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus NTT DoCoMo, Galaxy Tab 7.7, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 10.1 N, Galaxy Tab 10.1v, Galaxy Tab 620, Galaxy Tab 680, Galaxy Tab 730, Galaxy Tab 750, Galaxy Tab NTT DoCoMo, N023, N024, N7000, N7000B, Nexus S, P1000, P1000L, P1000M, P1000N, P1000R, P1000T, P6200, P6200L, P6201, P6800, P7100, P7300, P7300B, P7300L, P7500, P7500D, P7500L, P7500M, P7500R, P7500V, P7501, SC-01C, SC-02D, SGH-N023, SGH-N024, SGH-T849, SGH-T859, SGH-T869, SGH-T959, SGH-T959D, SGH-i777, SGH-i896, SGH-i897, SGH-i927, SGH-i927R, SGH-i987, T849, T859, T869, T959, T959D, Vibrant, i777, i896, i897, i927, i927R, i987, i9000, i9000B, i9000L, i9000M, i9000T, i9001, i9003, i9003B, i9003L, i9010, i9020, i9020A, i9020T, i9023, i9100, i9100G, i9100L, i9100M, i9100P, i9100T, i9103, i9220
How do I know if my phone is network locked?
- Insert a SIM card from a different network and power on your phone.
- If the phone is network locked, it will display one of the bellow messages
- If your phone says different message do NOT purchase unlock service
Locked Android-powered Phone
Locked Android-powered Phone
What do I need to unlock my phone by USB?
Apart from the network locked Samsung phone, you will need:
- USB cable
- Windows 7 or 8 or 10
- MicroSD Memory Card (Android 3.x and 4.x devices only)
How do I purchase an unlocking service on FastGSM?
- Go to the detail page for your phone on FastGSM.com
- Select from available services
- Click Buy Now and follow the instructions.
- You will be asked to create an account or sign into your existing account.
Ready to unlock your phone?
- Select your phone manufacturer and model bellow to see available services
Install the device driver
- Close all applications
- Disconnect phone from USB
- Download and install the drivers
- IMPORTANT: Install the drivers again even you already installed Samsung drivers before!
Check your phone Android version
- Go to Applications > Settings > About phone
- Check Android version
Android 2.3.6 only: Update phone software
- If your phone Android version is 2.3.6 you need to update it to the higher version or root your phone
- Use Update software in your phone menu or Kies software to update your phone
- Do not proceed with unlocking by USB if you are unable to update your 2.3.6 device or root phone yourself prior unlocking
Android 3.x/4.x only: Insert MicroSD Memory Card
- Insert the MicroSD card into your phone
- The SD card must be formatted and have at least 5MB of free space on it
- You can format your card and check the free space available by going to Applications > Settings > Storage
Enable USB debugging
- Enable USB debugging on your phone — instructions here
Download and start FastGSM Samsung Client software
- Download FastGSM Samsung Unlock Client software and save it to your Desktop or Downloads folder
- Once download is completed, run the client software
- Click Install. The software will start automatically
- When prompted for your login and password, fill in your FastGSM account email and password
- Select your phone model and press Next
- You can find your phone model on the box or on the sticker under the battery (e.g. for SM-A123 or GT-A123 or SGH-A123 select A123 model)
- Connect the phone to your computer using the USB cable
- Wait until phone drivers are installed
- Press the Next button in the FastGSM Samsung Client
Complete the unlocking process
For Android 2.x
- When you see Congratulation, your phone is unlocked!, your phone is successfully unlocked
- You can disconnect it from the MicroUSB and start using it on a different network
For Android 3.x and higher
- Go to My Computer
- Click on your phone/tablet icon, e.g. GT-I9100 / GT-N7000 / SGH-I777 / SGH-I927 / GT-P6200 / GT-P6800 / SGH-T869 / SC-02D etc.
- Click on Card
- Drag or copy root2.zip file from the FastGSM Samsung Client folder (the place where you extracted the client software on your computer) and place or paste it onto your phone’s card
- Wait until the client says: RESTARTING PHONE : [OK]
- Disconnect the phone from USB
- Use the Volume up and Volume down keys on your phone to select the Apply update from external storage option and press the Power button
- Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to select root2.zip
- Press the Power button
- Wait until the rooting process is finished
- Select ../ (if you see this option on your phone) and confirm by hitting the Power button
- Select Reboot system now and confirm by hitting the Power button
- Wait until the phone restarts and goes to the home screen
- Connect the USB cable back to the phone
- When the Congratulation, your phone is unlocked! message appears, your phone is successfully unlocked
- Disconnect your phone from USB
Disable USB debugging
- Disable USB debugging on your phone — instructions here
Thank you for choosing FastGSM. If you need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.