How To Unlock an iPhone – Legal and Official iPhone Unlocking
- Unlocking the iPhone is the most in-demand unlocking service in the world.
- Unfortunately, a lot of myths and misinformation surround iPhone unlocking, as well as numerous illegal unlocking methods that can cause permanent damage to your phone.
- At FastGSM, we offer only carrier-granted unlocking—that is, unlocking with the permission of the service provider. This method is guaranteed to be legal and compatible with any iOS version.
- Your phone will be permanently unlocked, even if you later update its software or sync it to iTunes. To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps below.
Make sure your iPhone is network locked
- This unlocking service will only work to remove network operator that lock the phone to a specific network or service provider.
- This service will not deactivate the phone’s other security features or solve other problems your phone may have.
- The easiest way to check if your phone is network locked is to power off the phone, insert an unsupported SIM card, power on the phone, and connect the phone to iTunes by USB.
- If you see the message The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported, your phone is network locked.
Disable Activation Lock (iOS 7 Only)
- Important: In case you are about to unlock a used iPhone running iOS 7, make sure that the Activation Lock feature is disabled on the device prior to unlocking. You need to know what Apple ID is associated with the phone or ask the previous owner to disable it. For more info about the Activation Lock, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818
Find out country and network your iPhone is locked to
- Before purchasing an unlocking service, you need to know what country and network your iPhone is locked to.
- If you do not have this information, please follow the steps in the iPhone Network Check How-To Guide.
- Check the availability of unlocking services for your iPhone
- Go to our Apple page and select your iPhone model.
- See if your iPhone’s country and network are listed.
- For example, if you see a listing for UK T-Mobile iPhone Unlock on the iPhone 4 page, it means that an iPhone 4 locked to T-Mobile United Kingdom is supported for unlocking.
- Make sure your model selection is correct. Services available for iPhone 4 are not same for iPhone 4S etc. Each service has different price and delivery time.
- Once you verify that your iPhone is supported for unlocking, you can purchase the unlock service.
How do I purchase an unlocking service on FastGSM?
- Go to the detail page for your phone on FastGSM.com
- Select a service.
- Click Buy Now and follow the instructions. You will be asked to create an account or sign into your existing account.
Submit your iPhone IMEI for unlocking
- Once you have purchased an unlock service, go to My Account and select the service you purchased from the list.
- Follow the instructions to submit your phone’s IMEI.
- You will receive email notification once the unlock is granted.
Activating the iPhone with your SIM card
- Once you receive notification that unlock for your iPhone has been granted, insert your existing SIM card into the iPhone and connect to iTunes.
- Once the message Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked appears, the unlocking process is complete.
- You can disconnect the iPhone and start using it with your new SIM card.
- If the unlock is not granted, please follow steps from the iTunes: Restoring iOS software guide.
Thank you for choosing FastGSM. If you need help, please contact us.